Successfully Funded on Kickstarter!
Introducing a Shelter-in-Place strategy card game, designed to keep you entertained remotely for endless hours of out-of-this-world fun.
Shelter-in-Space Instructional Video
What is 'Shelter-in-Space'?
'Shelter-in-Space' is a strategy card game where YOU are the Mayor of a city during an unprecedented outbreak. Your city is comprised of 36 citizens with 9 different resistance levels to the virus. In these crazy times, the only safe place to quarantine, is outer space!
Mayors will use a combination of skill and luck to allocate resources keeping as many populations healthy as possible. Once a population of 3 or more is deemed entirely healthy, they are sent out of this world for the remainder of quarantine where they will 'Shelter-in-Space' until safe to return.
If Mayors fail to protect a population, they will be taken to Critical Care causing a strain on the healthcare system. You are playing with and against other fellow Mayors, and the Mayor with the highest score at the end of the game wins. Once you've mastered the Mayor Rules, try the advanced Governor Rules for an added layer of strategy!
'Shelter-in-Space' was designed to be played at home with your quarantine buddy or remotely over video chat with additional players. Each player has their own deck of cards. To prevent the spread of germs, cards are not shared between players.
We've played nearly every night since I've been in quarantine. This game saved me.
It's so cool how you can play solitaire version alone, or up to 4 players. Genius!
I keep learning new strategies, which makes playing the game feel different every time.
Population Character Cards
36 Individual Population Cards (x2)
18 Action Cards (x2)
3 Player Setup Cards (x2)
1 Instruction Booklet (1x)
FOLLOW ON SOCIAL
One Last Thing...
A Note From The Creators
Thank you for exploring our new endeavor, 'Shelter-in-Space' The Card Game. It's been an emotional and exhausting few weeks learning how to cope with the new normal, and developing a card game about the times we are living. We want to make it very clear...
- Fun and inclusive with diverse character cards
- Relevant to current events
- Balanced with strategy and luck
- Designed to play remotely (if needed)
- A cure for quarantine-boredom
- A tribute to our healthcare heroes
- A snapshot of how our actions can flatten the curve
- Helping with COVID-19 global relief efforts
'Shelter-in-Space is NOT:
- Making light of COVID-19 and its global impact
- Poking fun at anyone affected by COVID-19
- Generalizing or stigmatizing any groups based on health, education, income, race, age, ethnicity, gender, orientation, religion or anything else — we are all in this together as a global population.
- Scientifically accurate, medically speaking.
- For pets. Okay fine, pets can play too! Like we said, inclusive for all.